Here is a summary of some of the paddling related news items from this past week – with links to more details. Enjoy – hopefully you are inspired to get out and paddle!
- News article about a man who invented a way to paddle a kayak with one-handed – allowing him to kayak even though he had a stroke leaving the right-side of his body without feeling. Here’s a link to the news article.
- In California a sea lion pup jumped aboard for a kayak ride – here’s a link to the article.
- Kayaker completes 4000 mile journey from Minnesota to Key West this week. Here’s the article link.
- A Minnesota couple is approaching the end of a three-year, 11,700-mile kayak odyssey. They set out from Seattle in 2010 and plan to arrive in Key West around April 6 – link to artlcle.
Stand Up Paddleboard
- The Stand Up World Series is currently underway in Patagonia – here’s a link to more info.
- Idaho snowpack levels look promising for 2013 whitewater season – full details in this article link.
- Article about Grand Canyon whitewater trip from Cleveland Newspaper – great detailed write-up of the author’s trip.